- Duration: 4 days
- Price: £180
The complete name of this qualification is level 2 awards in door supervision. The qualification is offered by HABC awarding body and approved by the security industry authority which is the regulator for the security industry in the United Kingdom. The door supervisor training course is designed and deliver at level 2, that means essentially that it is an entry level qualification intended for a person who is aspiring to join the security industry in UK.
The door supervisor training course will allow you to work as a door supervisor in licensed premises. Licensed premises does not include night clubs and pubs only it includes any place where alcohol is being sold in retail like retail supermarkets, resturants hotels etc. The door supervisor qualification will allow you get and SIA door supervisor licence which will allow you to work as a door supervisor as well as a security guard.
Who needs the door supervisor licence
Anyone who wants to work in the private security industry as a door supervisor he requires to get a licence from the industry regulator which is SIA. In order to obtain a door supervisor licence he or she would be required to undergo appropriate training from an approved training provider such as us. It is a criminal offence to work in the security industry without a valid and relevant licence.
Door supervisor course duration
The level two awards for door supervision is conducted over a period of four days, whereby there should be a minimum of 30 contact hours maintained between the trainer and the learners. The contact hours exclude the time for assessments and breaks.
Minimum age requirement door supervisor training
The minimum age required for anyone to undertake the level 2 awards in door supervision leading to an SIA license is 18 and above.
General Information about the qualification
Total units: 4
Minimum contact hours 32.5
Credit vale 4
Door Supervisor Training Course contents:
SIA Door Supervisor Course Modules:
Unit 1: Working within the Private Security Industry
- Know the main characteristics of the private security industry
- Understand legislation as it applies to the individual in carrying out a licensable activity
- Understand the importance of safe working practices to comply with legal requirements
- Understand fire procedures in the workplace
- Understand emergencies and the importance of emergency procedures
- Understand the importance of communication skills and customer care
Unit 2: Working as a Door Supervisor within the Private Security Industry
- Understand the role and objectives of a door supervisor.
- Understand civil and criminal law relevant to a door supervisor
- Understand searching relevant to a door supervisor
- Understand powers of arrest relevant to a door supervisor
- Understand drug-misuse issues and procedures relevant to the role of a door supervisor
- Understand incident recording and crime scene preservation relevant to the role of a door supervisor
- Understand licensing law and social responsibility relevant to the role of a door supervisor.
- Understand emergency procedures which should be followed by a door supervisor.
- Understand how a door supervisor can help to keep vulnerable people safe.
- Understand queue management and venue capacity responsibilities relevant to a door supervisor
Unit 3: Conflict Management within the Private Security Industry
- Understand the principles of conflict management appropriate to their role and reduce risk in conflict situations
- Understand how to communicate in emotive situations to de-escalate conflict
- Understand how to develop and use problem solving strategies for resolving conflict
- Understand good practice to follow after conflict situations
Physical Intervention Skills Module (15 hours of which 12 hours must be contact time), this module was incorporated in the door supervisor qualification in 2010 and the trainer will teach the learners non pain compliant techniques.
- Module 1: Introduction to Physical Skills
- Module 2: Disengagement Techniques
- Module 3: Escorting Techniques
Should your company offer SIA door supervisor training and development for bigger groups, we offer an unbeatable deal for group sizes over 10. Our trainers can use your venue or our own.