CCTV training course.
Duration: 3 days
The SIA qualification for the CCTV training is designed at level two, this means that this entry level qualification for anyone aspiring to work in the private security industry as a CCTV PSS (public space surveillance) operative. The qualification would enable any learner to apply for an SIA licence for CCTV. In order to get the CCTV license a candidate is required to undergo appropriate training with an approved training provider.
Changes after 1st Jan 2015
The qualification is assessed by three examinations, if you have done the door supervisor or security guarding qualification after 1st Jan 2015 you would be exempted one exam.
CCTV training course duration
The qualification for CCTV training can be delivered either on three or four days varying from training provider to training provider. The only consideration is a training provider delivering the level 2 cctv training would be to follow the SIA and awarding body compliance criteria. As for now the criteria is that 27 hours of contact hours is required to be maintained between the tutor and learner.
Age requirements for CCTV level qualification
In order to work as a cctv operator and get an sia licence you are required to be 18 or above.
General information about CCTV training
- Total units 3
- Credit value 4
- Contact hours 24
CCTV operator course content
Core Learning for Common Security Industry Knowledge (GLR 10 hours) this unit is known as the common security module or working in the private security industry. The aim of this unit is to ensure that learners know the fundamental knowledge about the security industry of UK.
Core Learning and Qualifications for a CCTV (Public Space Surveillance) Licence
Unit 1: Working within the Private Security Industry (Distance learning)
- Know the main characteristics of the private security industry
- Understand legislation as it applies to the individual in carrying out a licensable activity
- Understand the importance of safe working practices to comply with legal requirements
- Understand fire procedures in the workplace
- Understand emergencies and the importance of emergency procedures
- Understand the importance of communication skills and customer care
- Unit 2: Working as a CCTV Operator within the Private Security Industry
Understand the roles and responsibilities of the CCTV operator and other CCTV staff
- Understand CCTV codes of practice, operational procedures and guidelines
- Understand relevant legislation and how it impacts on CCTV operations
- Understand the importance of communication within CCTV operations
- Understand emergency procedures in the CCTV control room
- Understand the characteristics of a CCTV system
- Understand Health and Safety relevant to the CCTV operator
Unit 3: Practical Operation of CCTV Equipment within the Private Security Industry
- Understand how to use CCTV equipment
- Be able to operate the CCTV system
Delivery of the CCTV training
The SIA cctv training would be delivered both theoretically as well it will have the practical element in which the learners would be prepared for the practical operation of CCTV systems