Security Guard training course for SIA security guard licence
Please Read Before you Book:
No one does the security guard training 99% of the learners do the Door Supervisor Course. As the Door supervisor SIA Licence covers Security Guarding as Well as Door supervision so you dont have to apply for two different licences.
This qualification is set at level 2 for any one to work as a security guard, which means that it is an entry level qualification which is required to be undertaken by anyone who wishes to work in the private security industry of United Kingdom. The qualification would lead you towards the grant of an SIA security guarding licence. However generally the demand for this qualification is relatively less, as people generally prefer to do the door supervisor qualification rather than the security guarding qualification. The reason for this trend is that the door supervisor licence would enable you to work as a door supervisor as well as a security guard. Find out more about door supervision
Requirements of SIA security guard licence
If you wish to work in the private security industry as a security guard you are required by law to obtain an SIA security guarding licence. In order to obtain the SIA security guard licence you should take appropriate training from a training provider.
Duration of Security Guard Training
The normal duration on which the qualification is delivered is 3 days
Entry and age requirement
The entry and age requirement set for the level 2 award in security guarding is set at 16 years and above, plus you need to have reasonable understanding of the language that is English
General information about security guarding qualification
Total units 3
Duration of SIA Security Guard Course : 3 Days
Core Modules for the Qualification:
Unit 1: Working within the Private Security Industry
- Know the main characteristics of the private security industry
- Understand legislation as it applies to the individual in carrying out a licensable activity
- Understand the importance of safe working practices to comply with legal requirements
- Understand fire procedures in the workplace
- Understand emergencies and the importance of emergency procedures
- Understand the importance of communication skills and customer care
Unit 2: Working as a Security Officer within the Private Security Industry
- Understand the role of a security officer within the private security industry
- Understand the law relevant
- to the role of a security officer
- Understand the importance of, and reasons for, patrolling.
- Understand access and egress control.
- Understand searching relevant to a security officer
- Understand the purpose and functions of different types of electronic and physical protection systems.
- Understand reporting and record keeping relevant to a security officer
Unit 3: Conflict Management within the Private Security Industry
- Understand the principles of conflict management appropriate to their role
- Understand how to recognize, assess and reduce risk in conflict situations
- Understand how to communicate in emotive situations to de-escalate conflict
- Understand how to develop and use problem solving strategies for resolving conflict
Understand good practice to follow after conflict situations
Door supervisor Vs Security Guard
In general no very few people opt to do the sia security guarding course. 99 percent of the people choose and opt to do the door supervision level 2 qualification. The reason for this trend is very simple i.e a door supervisor can work as a security guard as well as he can do all the jobs of a door supervisor. The general misconception people have is that door supervisors work at night clubs and bars pubs etc, this not true. In fact a door supervisor is a security operative that works at a licensed premises. A restaurant or chicken shop can be a licencsed premises as well